Translate

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Ponder the beauty of Possibility

There is beauty in everything, everywhere and within every pore of your soul.  Desire more out of life and stop waiting for others to give you the okay to enjoy it.  Even if it is the simplest of things like taking a walk in the park, cuddling up with the cat or even writing a letter.  You do not have to spend a fortune to enjoy life.  Sometimes it could be a craft with yarn, coloring in a book or even doodling on a piece of paper.  We all have our talents and get creative! 

Today is the day of St. Francis of Paola, the Hermit (1416-1507)
He was very devote to the patron St. Francis of Assisi who lived humbly and in the world of simple means.  This young man lived in a cave at the age of 15.  How many young men at the age of 15 could ever be alone for more than a day let alone the 5 years he stayed there.  I could not have been too comfortable either.  From the writings in the book of saints he impressed the people in the neighborhood by the caves, kings and high officials because of his ability to read how people felt.  For all we know, he may have been an empath and he had to be in a cave to understand how his own feelings worked before he could really help others.

As simple as he lead his life, even among the court of King Louis XI of France, he did know what it could have been like to exploit that friendship.  King Louis XI son Charles VIII had befriended him because of his simple character and helped build St. Francis of Paolas order of the Minims in France and Rome.  He vowed to his Lord a life of poverty, chastity and obedience.  He was said to be the defender of the poor and the oppressed.  He told the rules of his day his mind and was listened to.  He helped nations obtain peace, that between France and Brittany, and advised marriages between the ruling families.
At the age of 91 Francis, the Hermit died at Plessis France on Good Friday.

Enjoy the simpler things in life so pray to see that instead of all the material wants that some may think they need when in reality.

Lord, you give wisdom in the simple
and make the merest child wise.
Give me the reward you promise to the humble.

There are different types of empaths, I myself feel others feelings.  I could be in a crowded room and start crying because someone may be crying in the back corner.  It can get difficult if I don't center myself before I enter into a place with a lot of people.  In some cases, I can feel other peoples pain as well.  I have enough aches and pains of my own and trying to separate them from my own takes time and practice.  When I was younger, I had no idea why I would cry so much.  I know now why I was so sensitive but as a kid, you just are confused. So for me I have physical and emotional healing empathic abilities.

The use of psychometry is  ability to receive energy, information and impressions from objects, photographs or places which can happen for some by just touching the hands of the other person.  The use of telepathy is the ability to read people’s thoughts which can happen when you think of someone then you call them.  Immediately that person say on the phone "I was just thinking about you".  There are many that I have met, just regular people, that this happens to.

 Look at your inner self and don't push off those urges you think are nothing, they could really be a gift from your higher power to help someone.  Relax and give thanks to all you have and enjoy everything a little more.  Think of our Saint of this day, St. Francis of Paola, maybe not be a hermit but enjoy all you have.

References:

Catholics St. Info - Saint Francis of Paola 

Hoagland, Victor, and George Angelini. The Book of Saints: The Lives of the Saints According to the Liturgical Calendar. Farmingdale, NY: Regina, 1986. 74. Print. 

Types of Empaths By Lyn-Rose-Hornabrook and Grace and Grace Associates Consulting Inc. http://www.zengardner.com/types-of-empaths/

No comments: