Translate

Monday, January 18, 2016

Manic Monday, Postitive Thoughts and Quotes

This Monday leaves me sad with a hole in my heart from the passing of high school friend.  Leisa was a beautiful person who could see passes the mess I was and still wanted to get to know me. We recently reconnected back in 2012 through Facebook. Even though many have issues with social media there are some perks too.  So find comfort in the quote as I found comfort today.  

For she is now not suffering and has been healed.  Hugging and holding her family that has gone before her.  She is the one who is lucky to be able to not suffer any longer and sits in the green pastures of Heaven with her Lord!
- Shelley Silverwine Hitch

Roman 8:18
For I consider that the suffering of the present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory that is to be revealed to us.

John 14:6
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life.  No man comes to the Father but by me.

Isaiah 57:2
1 The righteous perishes and no one ponders it in his heart; devout people are taken away and no one understands that the righteous is taken away to be spared from evil. 2 Those who walk uprightly enters into place: they find rest as they lie in death.

2Corinthians 4:17-18
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal gray that far out weights them all. 18 So we fix our eyes on what is seen but not on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength,

Psalm 119:28
My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength; and ever present help in trouble.

Psalm 118:14
The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.

Isaiah 33:2
O Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you.  Be our strength every morning, our salvation in times of distress.

*********************************************************************************************
Through sympathy alone cant alter facts; it can help to make them more bearable
          -Bram Stoker

That though the radiance, which was once so right be now forever taken from my sight,
Through nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass,
glory in the flowers.
We will grieve not, but find strength in what remains behind.
         -William Wordsworth

What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly.
         -Richard Bach (Illusions)

We meet but briefly in life, if we touch each other with stardust
 -that is everything.
        -Unknown

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
         -Unknown

Strive not my soul, for an immortal life, but make the most of what is possible.
         - Pythian Odes (519-438 B.C.)

Death - the last sleep?  No, it is the final awakening!
          - Sir Walter Scott

A death is not the extinguishing of a light, but the putting out of the lamp because the dawn has come.
         - Unknown

The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our own suffering.
         - Ben Okri (1959 -  ) Nigerian Poet & novelist

No comments: